Big IT developments always take time. No surprise then that it took us the whole summer to test, to debug and to improve the new functionality of Timetravelrome: Visuals. But we are really happy with the result now ! The new version of the app includes a gallery of 7,000 pictures for 650 sites & monuments. Of course, this is not the end: we will add thousands of pictures for hundreds of other sites and monuments. Importantly, all pictures are available for Free users of our app too: it took us many months to get OK to re-use photos owned by bloggers and ancient Rome enthusiasts. So we are in the sharing mentality: Visuals are free to everybody.
A little reminder about what our app offers now:
- 4000 ancient sites and monuments located precisely on the map (and regular updates)
- Every site described, ranked with a five star system, and offers recommendations for "what to see there"
- Sites include information regarding: "nearby places", "custom list of places", "how to get there", etc.
- All original content comprised of 830,000 words, equivalent to 1,500 pages of text
- Gallery of 7,000 pictures for 650 sites and monuments (regular updates)
- Library of 300 ancient texts in English with geographical places indexed and linked to ancient sites
- Links to external content e.g. "Historic England", "Princeton Encyclopedia of Classical sites", and Wikipedia
- "Free" users have access to geolocation of all sites, to the ancient library and to all visuals
- "Pro" users also access to all original content, can use extra features and can share content on social media
So... Just go to the "download" section, install the app and make your own opinion. If you have a suggestion, a remark or if you have spotted a bug, please write us to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always happy to hear from you !